Grandmom’s Chicken Soup
I believe that there are two things that can fix the world. The first is an open mind and a closed mouth and the second is Grandmom’s Chicken Soup. I love how easy this is to make!
Grandmom’s Chicken Soup Recipe
- 1 chicken
- 1 onion
- 1 head of garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- several stalks of celery
- 2 cups of carrots
- 3 bay leaves
- and egg noodles if you want to make a chicken noodle soup
- You will need a large stock pot.
- The second thing you will do is place the chicken in stock pot.
- Then you will fill the pot with water leave room for the veggies and for it to boil.
- You will need to cut all veggies.
- Then place them in the pot with the chicken.
- I salt and pepper the water and then I turn it on high.
- I cook the chicken in the water on high for 20 minutes.
- Then I bring the temperature down to medium.
- I cook the soup on low until the chicken is cooked.
- Then you will remove the chicken from the pot and put it in a strainer. I tear off the meat and put it back in the soup.
- Finally I make noodles and put them in my soup.
- This is so good with rye and butter or Challah bread
Try our other soup recipes: