Gifts In Jars: Hot Chocolate Mix is a frugal, quick and simple recipe!
Use this Gifts In Jars idea: Hot Chocolate Mix as a base for many delicious entertaining drinks.
Hot Cocoa Mix is a great Gift In Jars that a child helper can make by themselves. It can be used in Hot Chocolate Cake in a Mug recipe or used as a base, combined with other ingredients for delicious entertaining drinks.
- 1/2 cup Cocoa
- 3 cups Powdered milk
- 3/4 cup Sugar or sweetener of choice
- optional: cayenne, cinnamon, see variations listed below
- Mix ingredients together. Pour into jar or container of choice. For this particular Gift In A Jar recipe you can even put together a neat presentation in a mug with a candy cane as a stirrer. Decorate. Add label or tag with these directions: Hot Cocoa Mix Place 3 tablespoons of mix in cup; stir in a small amount of boiling water to dissolve powder, then fill the cup.
- If you have a blender you may use that to create a finer texture that will dissolve in a lower temperature liquid. If you do blend you can simply put "warm" instead of "boiling" on the label. When creating this for a household with children blending is recommended because then a child can even get this drink for themselves by adding the mix to milk!
- Variations: You may add a teaspoon of cinnamon, a teaspoon of cayenne, marshmallows (regular or flavored)- added before or after blending, a 1/4 cup of powdered cream, a tablespoon of flavored chips (butterscotch, white chocolate, dark chocolate, peanut butter, milk chocolate, mint chocolate or even candy cane pieces ) can be added to the individual cups or a cup may be mixed into the mixture after blending!
You can use this Gifts In Jars: Hot Chocolate Mix individually, with other Gifts In Jars : Brownie Mix in a Jar, Homemade Body Scrub in a Jar in a basket, or in a basket with other items such as the variations listed above and or a set of cute mugs!
Get some great crafty ideas for decorating your Gifts In Jars as well as recycling that jar into something fun, decorative and or useful with this book from Amazon : Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Projects for Adorable and Rustic Decor, Storage, Lighting, Gifts and Much More.
Such an easy, quick recipe but homemade Gifts In Jars are well received and appreciated!