Give this Gifts in Jars: Turkey Noodle Soup as a hostess gift this Thanksgiving.
Use leftover Thanksgiving or Christmas turkey in Gifts in Jars: Turkey Noodle Soup.
With gluten free options suggested, this recipe can be given to many this season. One recipe yields 1 cup Gifts in Jars mix.
- 1 cup uncooked fine egg noodles
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chicken - flavored bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried whole thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl or larger than necessary jar and mix (or shake!) After mixed put in a jar. Attach these directions on a label to the Gifts in a Jar :Combine the Turkey Noodle Soup Mix and 8 cups of water in a large stockpot. Add 2 diced carrots, 2 diced stalks of celery, 1/4 cup minced onion and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Discard the bay leaf. Stir in 3 cups cooked diced turkey and simmer 5 minutes.
Use what you have round the house to decorate your Gifts in Jars: Turkey Noodle Soup. I prefer to have typed and even color printed labels or tags on my Gifts in Jars but sometimes that is not possible due to lack of printer ink, power outage or other issues. Today I scaled down a “Hello, my name is ” label and used the blue as an accent to go with the store bought topper. I have not found these toppers again. If you know where to get some comment below!
Variations: If you do not have access to gluten free noodles and need a gluten free option simply use rice! Be sure your spices are also gluten free- particularly the bouillon may have additives.
Amazon has cute unusual shape 1 cup jars. Use your leftover holiday turkey: creamy garlic penne, turkey broccoli and cheese biscuit bake, or turkey parmesan stromboli. Get other Gifts In Jars ideas: Brownie Mix, Hot chocolate mix, Nine bean soup, Foaming Bath salts, Foaming Vanilla Honey Wash, Oatmeal Cookies.