Get ready for Camp with Minute Clinic! #HappyCamper
*Special thanks to Minute Clinic for Sponsoring this post!
This year my little girl will be going to day camp for the first time! She is SO excited (It’s a Dance Camp) and I’m looking forward to her being able to get out of the house this summer! I know a lot of you guys are sending your kids off to day camp or even overnight camp, and some of those camps might require a camp physical! (Getting a camp physical is a good idea even if it’s not required!) Minute Clinic inside your local CVS store has got you covered! Before working with them, I didn’t even know Minute Clinic offered camp physicals!
So what should you expect from a Camp Physical at Minute Clinic?
It’s a super simple process:
1.Sign in at the electronic kiosk to see a practitioner. No appointment necessary.
2.They will perform an examination, including:
- Review of your health history
- Review of your immunizations to ensure they are up to date
- A simple physical exam to determine if you are able to safely participate in typical camp activities
- Provide camp safety and education tips
3.They will give you a summary of your exam and stamp any medical forms required.
4. They also can send the summary to your primary care provider, with your permission.
5.Please note that additional charges apply for labs and tests. Visit their labs & tests page for these fees.
Bonus, for a limited time Camp Physicals at Minute Clinic are only $39! ($20 off the normal price)
What to know before your visit
- Wear comfortable clothes and bring any required forms, including a completed health and immunization history.
- Insurance is not accepted for physicals and payment is due at time of visit.
- A camp physical should not replace an annual wellness physical with a primary care provider
- If required, a urinalysis will be performed which will result in an additional lab charge.
- Please note that we do not offer “certificates of immunization.” Patients should obtain copies from the healthcare provider that administered the immunizations. We can only certify/verify immunizations administered at MinuteClinic.
Want more information about the Camp Physicals offered at Minute Clinic? Make sure to visit the Minute Clinic Website for more information and summer tips and tricks!