Fun Kids Party Recipes: Popcorn Teddy Bears
Today I’m going to show you how to make this super Fun Kids Party Recipes: Popcorn Teddy Bear! This little bear is so cute and easy to make, and is sure to be a crowd favorite at parties and other kids events! You only need a few ingredients and about 20 mins. to make this, and you can even get your kids involved! You could even chose a different animal to make, using the same steps and some creativity. my little girl loved putting on the decorations on her bear, (when she wasn’t eating them that is!) and it was a fun family project to do together.
Here is how to make this Fun Kids Party Recipes: Popcorn Teddy Bears:
- 18 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 pkt (4 servings size) jello (whatever flavor you want)
- candy (for decorations) and ribbon (optional)
- Place popcorn in a large (greased) bowl. Combine Sugar and Corn Syrup in a medium sauce pan. Bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly and boil for 1 minute
- Remove from heat and stir in gelatin until it dissolves.
- Pour the mixture over popcorn and let cool for 5 minutes
- Form 2 large popcorn balls. (one a bit smaller than the other) and stack them. Add popcorn arms, legs, and ears, and put together. (I used a little bit of icing to get them to stick together)
- Add your eyes, nose, and mouth, and any other decorations you would like on your bear, and enjoy!
This Fun Kids Party Recipes: Popcorn Teddy Bears was super fun and easy to make!
Your kids will have a great time decorating their bears too! For a party you could form the basic shapes of the bears and set out bowls of different decorations and let the kids go crazy! It will give your kids a great activity to do, and you can sit back and enjoy them having a good time. Just make sure you let them know they will have to help with clean up! Haha.
Want to check out more recipes like this Fun Kids Party Recipes: Popcorn Teddy Bears? Then make sure to check out our Cooking with Kids Page!
Topic: Fun Kids Party Recipes