Do You Love Easy and Fun Kid Dessert Recipes?
Try These No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies!
Back in the height of its popularity, my mom was a big fan of TLC’s “Jon & Kate Plus 8.” Like millions of Americans, she watched the show, bought the books, and tried Kate’s recipes. One of Kate’s most popular recipes was her No-Bake Cookies – cookies that require no baking. I’d never heard of this type of cookie before, and it seemed strange and a bit too simple to be true. But when my mom sent it to me, I tried it – and to my surprise, they were fantastic! There are tons of versions of this recipe online. The one posted below is what I’ve found to suit my family’s tastes best. Warning – these cookies are ADDICTIVE! This recipe yields a huge batch and I will be sending at least half of them to work with my husband tomorrow.
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups oatmeal (I use quick oats)
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, cocoa, butter, and milk.
- Bring to a boil.
- Continue boiling for 1 minute, then add peanut butter, vanilla, and oatmeal.
- Turn off the heat and stir ingredients until well combined.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto wax paper.
- Let cookies cool until they harden.
Try them out and let me know what you think!
And share your own ideas for Fun Kid Dessert Recipes!
For more great ideas for cooking with your kids, check out our Cooking with Kids page.