My kids love all kinds of berries and to add fun twist to it for dessert we do this sherry berries recipe. This is super simple to make and kids love it!
Fun Fruit Recipes for Kids: Sherry Berries
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- dash of salt
- 2 tbsp. dry sherry
- Put the above ingredients in a double boiler.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Refrigerate until cool, and stir in a little more sherry to soften.
- Whip 1 cup whipping cream and fold into the sherry mixture. Spoon over individual servings of berries.
- This is great over blue berries, strawberries, dewberries, blackberries, raspberries....or a mixture!
- Combine 1/3 cup ice water, 1 1/4 tsp. lemon juice, 1/2 tsp vanilla then add 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder. Beat until stiff peaks form and add 2 tbsp. of sugar. Beat another 2 minutes. I put this in the freezer while the sherry mixture is in the refrigerator.
Thanks to Rachel for this sherry berries recipe!
Find more Dessert Recipes for Kids
Here are some other fun fruit recipes for kids:
Make sure to visit our Recipes Kids Can Make page for more yummy and easy to make recipes that kids will love to eat and make!
Don’t forget to also check out our other Recipes!