Fun Fruit Recipes for Kids: Peach Cobbler
I had so much fun earlier this month making blackberry cobbler for my guest post on another great blog. And when I found out that we were going with a peaches theme for our recipes this week, I knew right away that I’d be making peach cobbler this time. It’s delicious and really couldn’t be easier. And it’s the perfect time of year for peaches – the peaches that I picked up from my local grocery store were just amazing.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon baking power
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 sliced fresh peaches
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put butter in an 8-inch square pan and place in pre-heating oven to melt. Remove pan from oven when butter has melted.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Slowly add milk and whisk to form a smooth batter.
- Pour batter into pan, on top of the butter. Do not mix the batter with the melted butter.
- Place fruit on top of the batter.
- Bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 50 to 60 minutes.
- Kitchen-Friendly View
Serve it with ice cream or eat it while it’s still warm – it’s fantastic either way! My kids loved this making and eating this peach cobbler, and I hope yours will too!