Each week I bring you a kids craft that is fun, educational, and frugal. The Summer Olympics begin this week so I wanted to do a fun craft to introduce my son to this special event!
Olympic Ring Toss
Toilet Paper Roll
Paint (red, green, black, blue, yellow)
Yellow and Orange Card Stock
1. Cut “flames” from orange and yellow card stock.
2. Glue or tape the “flames” to a toilet paper roll.
3. Cut circles from card board (I used an empty diaper box so they are nice and sturdy.
- History/Social Studies: Discuss with your child the origin of the Olympics (Ancient Greece) and what the rings represent (different continents that participate in the games).
- Math: Make a graph of how many times your child makes a ring around the “torch” and how many times they don’t. You can also see if one color makes the toss more than another.
- Language Arts: Read the book G is for Gold Medal: An Olympics Alphabet (Sleeping Bear Press Sports & Hobbies)with your child and enjoy a “g” food while reading (grapes, goldfish, grape jelly on crackers, etc).
Thanks Mom on Dealz!