Are you looking for something Cheap and Fun to do with your kids? Well Madame Deals will be adding a weekly column written by Sharon at Mom on Dealz and Heather at Living on Love and Cents. I will occasionally add my 2 cents since I am a certified Special Education and Regular education teacher. If you want or need modifications let me know in the comment section. Thank you for the great idea!
Each week I bring you crafts to do with your child that are both frugal and educational. With Earth Day this week, I thought it would be appropriate to have that as a theme.
Coffee Filter Earth
-green and blue markers
1. Have your child color the coffee filter with blue and green markers.
2. Cut out a circle to represent the Earth.
3. Spray the coffee filter with water and allow to dry.
4. The final product is very delicate-use this to discuss with your child how delicate the Earth is and list ways to take care of it ( reduce, reuse, recycle, etc).
-2 Toilet Paper Rolls
-Square Piece of Cardboard (from cereal or other food box) cut 2X6
-Decorative Accents (markers, glitter, sequins, feathers, pebbles, etc)
1. Decorate the toilet paper rolls and square in your own designs.
2. Glue the rolls to the edges of the 2X6 cardboard piece.
3. Explore your back yard with your child and their new binoculars. Discuss all the plants and animals and the things we can do to protect them (i.e. don’t litter, use less water, etc).
Thanks to Sharon at Mom on Dealz for this idea!