Food Lion® Box Tops for Education
Do you want to help your school? Here’s a great opportunity for you to help your school because Food Lion® supports Box Tops for Education. It’s actually super easy because all the participating products are items that we often buy. All you have to do is clip these box tops, mail them and you can help your school get extra funds.
Make sure to mark your calendars for Food Lion® General Mills® Sale this January 2015. Get 20 Bonus Box Tops ($2.00 value to BTFE eligible school) when you buy ANY 5 participating General Mills products in a single shopping visit using your personal MVP card between 1/7/15 – 1/13/15 AND be automatically entered for a chance to win 100,000 Bonus Box Tops ($10,000 value to BTFE eligible school). You can check out the participating products here.
Here’s How Box Tops for Education Works
1. Find Box Tops on hundreds of products. You can see the list of participating products here.
2. Clip Box Tops from each package.
3. Send the Box Tops to your school. Find your school.
4. Box Tops are each worth 10¢ for your school.
You can also help by becoming a Box Tops Coordinator.
Lemon Pound Cake Recipe
If you have kids that goes to school, you have to make sure that you feed them food that will give them the energy they need the whole day. General Mills has great products that you can use for breakfast, snack and desserts. One of my family’s favorite is my Lemon Pound Cake recipe. It’s easy to make but taste so good. My kids love it for breakfast and snack.
This makes two 9×5 loaves
- Using Betty Crocker Super Moist Lemon Cake Mix with 5.1 instant vanilla pudding
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup of skim milk
- 8 ounces of low fat sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons of lemon extract
- 1 TBS of fresh lemon rinds (optional)
- You can replace the low fat options for the regular versions
Mix all of the dry ingredients in one bowl and then in the wet ingredients in the other bowl.
You will mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
Then you will stir for about 20 seconds. This will cook for about 50 minutes in an oven that is 350 degrees