I love Fashion but I hate paying tons of money to look great. I believe you need two things, the knowledge of what looks good on you and the skill to find it for less. I encourage you to get rid of all the items in your closet that you do not wear. They cloud up your options to make really great outfits because you can’t see your clothes! If they are in good condition sell them at a consignment store or a place like Plato’s closet, or host a clothing swap. Clothing swaps are a blast!
This weeks idea use Accessories to spice up the black dress. You all got me thinking how many outfits can I make with just one black dress. Yes, it is the black Vera Wang dress that I paid $19.99 for with the tags attached!!! Like, I said it is just a little banal for me so lets spice it up.
- 1 Black Vera Wang Dress
- 3 Pairs of shoes 1) nine west leopard $2.50, 2) Steve madden $2.50 3) Chinese laundry $40 (I know expensive but they would have been over a $100 if I didn’t get them at Tj Maxx)
- 1 belt stolen from other Vera Wang dress (that’s right take things from other outfits to make new outfits)
- 1 pair of gold earrings from glad rags vintage $10 (buy vintage items to have something new and exciting)
- 1 rhinestone vintage necklace (priceless it was my Grandma’s necklace)
- 1 Rhinestone pin (also priceless was my Grandma’s pin)
- 2 purses 1) Vera Bradley (waiting until it went on sale $36, silver purse bought $2.00 Goodwill)
- 2 tops that’s right. 1) INC I have had this forever love it! 2) bead top got it on clearance for $7.00 (buy things with texture and put them on top of dresses to change the look)
- 1 shawl I have had this for years. I think I got it at Tj Maxx
Here is what I did: