I love Fashion but I hate paying tons of money to look great. I believe you need two things the knowledge of what looks good on you and the skill to find it for less. I encourage you to get rid of all the items in your closet that you do not wear. They cloud up your options to make really great outfits because you can’t see your clothes! If they are in good condition sell the at a consignment store or a place like Plato’s closet, or host a clothing swap. Clothing swaps are a blast!
The day is coming when you will see huge discounts on clothes. The best item to purchase right after the holiday is a coat. The retailers have a tendency to mark coats down to 50% or greater after the Christmas Holiday. This is also a great time to pick up sweaters, hats, gloves, and shoes.
Here are a couple of tips to make the most out of your money.
1) Sign up via email for your favorite clothing stores. I created a fake email. I would check it often you should receive discounts during January. The Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Kmart, Sears outlet, Sears store Walmart, Target and JC Penney are retailors who will be having huge sales that you can often couple with a coupon.
2) Buy only items that are classics so you can get the most wear out of them this year and for years to come
3) Instead of buying 3 or 4 of something because it is “cheap” buy one. It isn’t what you save it is what you spend.
4) Buy one quality item that will last years instead of a pile of questionable stuff
5) Write a list of what you need. Then stick to it.
6) Visit Madame Deals often we already have tons of post lined up filled with money saving coupons for all of your clothing needs!
In this post alone I hid a coupon. Just for fun! Click on the links above to see what store has a coupon out already! Yes, I have present opening envy!