Egg Recipes for Kids
Microwave breakfast? Not a problem and with this tip and egg recipes for kids even younger children can do their own eggs!
Many children have a difficult time learning to crack raw eggs. My solution: Crack the eggs into a ice tray!
Freeze them in the ice tray. Then when you know the children are going to help with breakfast you can either defrost individual egg cubes in a mug in the refrigerator with other ingredients or let the child get an egg cube from the ziploc freezer bag then assemble the mug by him or herself. Freezing eggs is an economical way to save eggs you buy on sale. Frozen eggs can be used in baking as well as this recipe! (They just don’t fry up well from a frozen state but fry fine if you let them defrost first.)
Egg Recipes for Kids: Eggs in a Mug Recipe
- Optional: Cooked meat pieces (ham, bacon, ground beef), chopped vegetables (onions, peppers, zuchinni, broccolli, squash), and or spices (curry powder, Tony's Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper)
- Spray or butter a microwave safe mug.
- Put egg in the mug.
- Use a fork to mix.
- Add:1 Tablespoon Milk, 1 Tablespoon cheese then microwave for 30 seconds.
- Use a clean fork to mix or scramble. If any liquid is still in the mug, microwave for another 10 seconds. Since microwaves vary, yours may cook the egg quicker or slower than ours.
- These mug breakfasts can be varied greatly by adding any and or all of the following: cooked meat pieces (ham, bacon, ground beef), chopped vegetables (onions, peppers, zuchinni, broccolli, squash), and or spices (curry powder, Tony's Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper).
Thanks to Rachel Case for submitting this eggs in a mug recipe!
Do you love to write? Or can do crafts or have fun ideas for articles. MadameDeals is hiring! Apply now! Check out my >>> Job Board
Check out more Breakfast Recipes for Kids!
Make sure to visit our Recipes Kids Can Make page for more yummy and easy to make recipes that kids will love!
Don’t forget to also check out our other Recipes!
Topic: Egg Recipes for Kids