Easy Ways to Organize Your Desk
Messy Desk got you down – Check out these Easy Ways to Organize!
I do not have enough room in my house to have a dedicated office so I have spent the past years juggling my computer, files,and office stuff between my step-son’s bedroom and my living room (We have converted into a dining room.) I was given a desk and after weeks of putting off organizing everything, I sucked it up and got to work. I took everything from both places and just piled it all on the desk and around the desk. This picture is only half of the mess, I was surrounded by.
With these Easy Ways to Organize My Desk went from Mess to Fresh!
- Lay all your stuff out so you can see what you have.
- Tackle your stack of papers by sorting into 4 piles : To Do, Shred, Recylce, File
- Go through all your pens, markers, and pencils and make sure they work.
- Inspect your desk supplies (stapler, whole punch, adding machine, tape dispenser, etc. and make sure they work. Get rid of any duplicates or create a quick office area where you do the mail or school paperwork.
- Group all your mailing supplies together, discard any old mailing labels and used envelopes
- Once everything has been sorted, you are ready to tackle putting it all away.
- Take pocket folders and label them with the information they hold. (bills, permission slips, medical records, etc.)
- Place folders in Magazine Holders, categorized by Category (Home, Work,School)
- Use baskets or storage container to store pens, pencils, rubber bands, erasers and paper clips.
- Place all mailing supplies in a basket or cubby on the desk.
- Use a slotted file holder to put your “To Do” Papers.
- Place pens, pencils, highlighters in a cup or “upcycled” candle holder.
- Store desk supplies together and in easy reach.
- Use a power bar to plug in your computer and electronics. This way you won’t have to unplug things to plug in other things.
- Finally make sure to shred, file, or recycle the papers you initially sorted.
Check out these other Easy Ways to Organize Articles
Topic: Easy Ways to Organize