Easy Pad Thai Recipe
I recently went to Thailand and one of the best thing I enjoyed during my trip is the Thai cuisine. I fell in love Thai food and I thought it will be great to recreate my favorite dishes at home, so I attended Cooking with Poo. It’s a cooking school run by the famous Khun Poo and one of TripAdvisor’s best rated activities in Bangkok. One of the dishes I learned from her is this Easy Pad Thai Recipe, it’s Shrimp Pad Thai that’s super easy to make and the result is so delicious. If you don’t have plan to go to Thailand yet, you can get Khun Poo’s cookbook Cooking with Poo so you can make her delicious Thai recipes at home.
Here’s how to make this Easy Pad Thai Recipe
Shrimp Pad Thai Recipe
- 10ozof chicken or Fresh Prawns
- 1half box of pad thai noodlesflat rice noodles
- 1Small Red Onion diced
- 1cupof diced tofu
- 2TBSwhite vinegar
- 1/2cupof water
- 2TBSof Fish sauce
- 3TBSof sugar
- 1TBSsweet Radish DicedAsian market
- 3Spring Onions diced
- 3TBSof Oil
- 2TBSof crushed Peanuts
- 1Handful of bean sprouts
- 1TBSof dried PrawnsThis can be left out
- 1TBSof Chili Powder we add this on each persons to taste
- Serves 3-4 people
- In a large Wok heat 3 TBS of oil on medium.
- Add in diced red onion and Tofu and begin to cook them
- Move them to the side for 2-3 minutes while you add your protein. Begin to cook the prawn or chicken.
- Then add in the rice noddles
- TBS Add the vinegar
- /2 cup Water
- TBS Fish Sauce
- TBS Sweet Radish
- TBS Sugar
- Stir until the noodles are soft. You may want to turn up the heat a little to a higher heat
- Push everything aside and crack and egg on the other side
- Once the egg us cooked scramble it up a little bit and add it in the pad thai
- Then you will pour in the spring onion
- Finally drop a handle of bean sprouts into the mixture and cook 1-3 minuted depending on how crunchy you want he bean sprouts
- Then you want to add chili pepper on each person's dish
- Squeeze the lime on top of each persons
- The top the dish with a handful of peanut
- You want to serve immediately and enjoy!
This recipe is courtesy of Cooking with Poo!