Gummy Candy Recipe
Need something that looks cute but is high protein and sugar free?? This is the candy recipe for you!
This is a super basic recipe that kids can do with you and of course they will enjoy eating it too.
Easy Candy Recipes for Kids: Gummy Candy Recipe
- 1/2 cup liquid
- 1 pkg of jello *
- 3 packages unflavored gelatin
- Mix together in a glass measuring jar and or microwave safe container.
- The mixture will be thick and seem as though there is not enough liquid.
- Microwave for 30 second intervals, mix with a whisk after each interval.
- When all the gelatin is dissolved in the liquid the mix is ready to pour into molds. If you do not have molds use any container. We used a thin plastic lid and then cut out shapes using cookie cutters!
- After the candy is set you can pull it out of the molds..it holds it 's shape and does not get messed up.
- Sugar free and regular sugar jello are different size boxes but this recipe will work well with one of either box.
- Lemon Lime- use 3 tbsp lemon juice and fill the rest of the 1/2 cup with water, lime jello
- Orange- use 1/2 cup orange juice, orange jello
- Strawberry Peach- use runny fruit puree (like baby food!) , strawberry jello
- My puree actually came from the "leftovers" that drained from my food mill when making Peach leather!
- These are delicious and are fine at room temperature but should not be left in a warm place in that they will start to melt. If they do start to melt you can refrigerate them to reset them.
Thanks to Rachel for this gummy candy recipe!
Find more Fun and Easy Recipes for Kids
Make sure to visit our Recipes Kids Can Make page for more yummy and easy to make recipes that kids will love to eat and make!
Don’t forget to also check out our other Recipes!
Find out what we eat >>> Weekly MadameDeals Menu Plan