The summer is here. My children need something to do and I was at wits end because they love the computer but I do not want them on the internet searching. I was asked to review the Disney Club Penguin Game. I agreed quickly because Disney is a company that I believe in.
About Club Penguin:
- • Play Games – Club Penguin’s single and multi-player games are fun for all ages. By playing games, players accumulate coins they can use to buy items to dress up their penguin and design their igloo. Virtual coins can also be donated to show support for Club Penguin’s charitable/community initiatives and special campaigns.
- • Learn and Grow – On Club Penguin, children practice reading, develop keyboarding skills and participate in creative role-playing. By accumulating and spending their virtual coins Club Penguin players practice math and learn about money management.
- • Explore and Create – Club Penguin is packed with surprises, secrets, and seemingly endless opportunities to explore and be creative.
- • Chat - Club Penguin offers two chat options: Ultimate Safe Chat limits what users can say to a predefined menu of greetings, questions and statements, as well as emotes, actions and greeting cards. When it comes to chatting, these users can only see other Ultimate Safe Chat messages. Standard Safe Chat allows players to type their own messages. Every message is filtered and monitored by a group of trained staff to allow only pre-approved words and block attempts to communicate a phone number or other personally identifiable information.
- • Become a Member – Club Penguin is free to play, but special features such as priority access, exclusive parties and opportunities to create, discover and play in new and exciting ways require a membership. By financing our operations through paid subscription memberships, Club Penguin can maintain its commitment to creating a fun and safe online entertainment experience with no third-party advertising.
- • Join a Community – The Club Penguin virtual world belongs to the children who play there. Players are encouraged to be stewards of the island and can apply to be tour guides or secret agents, who get access to special items and secret mission adventures.
This is what my seven year old son said ” Mom this is good really good!”
This is what I think my son has been playing the games for 45 minutes with his friend. He has not come to ask me a million questions on how to play the game. They are laughing and having a blast. You can play for FREE. We decided to upgrade. The assessment I have is this is the best money I have spent. We decided he could have the subscription and play after his chores. He has added a new chore to pay for the subscription which is on SALE for under $5 a month. I no longer am responsible for vacuuming my room!