Dessert Recipes for Kids
Dessert Recipes for Kids: Blueberry Peach Cobbler
Preparing a yummy dessert for kids is super quick and easy with the right recipe. This is also a great opportunity to get the kids into the kitchen to bond together while letting them learn some new recipes. My 8 year old son loves to make this blueberry peach cobbler recipe and he can do so independently!
- 1 stick of butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup of self rising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- Spray a 8x8 pan and pour the above mixture in the pan.
- 1/2 qt or 2 cups of blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups sliced peaches
- Mix all of the following ingredients in a bowl.
- Place peaches and blueberries on TOP of the mixture in the pan. This is my son's favorite part. He places the peaches then uses the blueberries to dive bomb the peach ships! The dough will rise through the fruit. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Depending on the age of your child and the practice with an adult, removing the cobbler from the stove may require an adult.
- May be served warm or cold, with or with out vanilla ice cream or lite cool whip.
- The children were fascinated by the many colors that were evident on the plate after the cobbler was served. Not only were orange and blue there from the fruit but there was green and red. Googling the question of what may have caused such we found some concern about cooking this cobbler in an aluminum pan!? We are still researching this!:)
- Use your favorite flour (wheat, gluten free). To make the flour 'self rising' add 1 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. soda.
- Instead of ready made milk you can use 1/3 cup powdered milk and 1 cup water.
Thanks to Rachel Case for sharing this yummy blueberry peach cobbler recipe!
Do you have recipes, crafts or posts to share? MadameDeals is Hiring check out our JOBS Board to apply or if you have fun ideas send us your pitch.
Check out more Dessert Recipes for Kids!
Looking for more Peach Recipes?
Make sure to visit our Recipes Kids Can Make page for more yummy and easy to make recipes that kids will love to eat and make!
Don’t forget to also check out our other Recipes!