Crock Pot Macaroni and Cheese
One of the best kid friendly recipe that most adults love too is definitely mac and cheese. It’s one of my comfort food, the creamier and cheesier it is the better! Growing up, I have already tried different versions of this recipe but today I’m sharing with you one of family’s recent favorites, it’s a Crock Pot Macaroni and Cheese. You know how life is easier with crock pot, so this recipe is perfect for busy moms and a perfect recipe kids can make any time. I promise you this recipe makes our traditional mac and cheese taste so much better.
Crock Pot Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 bar of cream cheese
- 2 cups sharp or extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup gruyere extra cheese for top or sharp or cheddar is fine
- I did not add the water into the bag prior to freezing it. I put add two cups of water on the bag prior to filling it. I did this because I didn't want to freeze water.
- Combine all the ingredients except the water and the gruyere in a small bag to freeze with the crockpot mac in a freezer size gallon bag without the water.
- Ready to use it thaw it in the refrigerator overnight
- Place it in the crockpot for 3 hours on Low
- Spray down the crockpot
- Place the crockpot on low
- It will take around three hours on low until noodles are tender. I like mine to be a little bit cooked like in the images.
- Then I sprinkle additional cheese and let it melt.
Do you like our Crock Pot Macaroni and Cheese recipe? Leave a comment below.
Also don’t forget to try these Crock Pot Recipes:
- Crockpot Pumpkin Butter
- Crock Pot Cinnamon Almonds Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Meatloaf: Apricot Stuffed Crockpot Meatloaf