Squash Parmesan Crisps
There are many versions of vegetable fries and chips that are being posted and shared on facebook. I was looking for a high protein gluten free low fat version so I adapted a couple of those recipes to make this one. It is baked, not fried and has no bread crumbs.
Cooking Healthy Recipes for Kids: Squash Parmesan Crisps
- 2 Young squash, sliced thin
- 2 tbs EVOO- extra virgin olive oil
- Put the sliced squash in a bowl and add EVOO.
- Sprinkle the parmesan in the bowl and mix covering each squash.
- An alternative method for mixing these and keeping your hands clean would be to dump it all in a ziploc bag, just be sure to zip the bag closed before mixing!!
- After the squash has oil and parmesan on it put the slices in a single layer, not overlapping , on a cookie tray in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes. You do not have to flip these to make them toasty on the other side.
Thanks to Rachel for this squash parmesan crisps recipe!
Here are some of our Healthy Cooking with Kids Recipes:
Make sure to visit our Recipes Kids Can Make page for more yummy and easy to make recipes that kids will love to eat and make!
Don’t forget to also check out our other Recipes!