Southern Caviar Recipe
Lots of fresh uncooked vegetables and only two processed things make a great dip! Children have no idea how many vegetables they are eating when you give them this Southern Caviar dip. It tastes so good they don’t think about the vegetables!
Cooking Healthy Recipes for Kids: Southern Caviar
- 1 can blackeyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes not drained *
- 3/4 c chopped sweet red pepper
- 3/4 c chopped green pepper
- chopped squash, cucumber, onion, zucchini,
- 1 bottle (8 oz) fat free Zesty Italian salad dressing *
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients and toss gently. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hrs.
- Serve with chips, pork rinds or crackers.
- *Fresh tomatoes and jalapenos can be used if available.
- You may also exchange a bottle of the ready made dressing for homemade using olive oil, vinegar and the dry Italian dressing seasoning pack.
- In addition to serving this with chips we have put a small scoop of this on a dinner salad- adding color, texture variety, and eliminating the need for salad dressing! This could also be used as a cold vegetable side without the lettuce.
Thanks to Rachel Case for this southern caviar recipe!
Find more Healthy Cooking with Kids Recipes
Make sure to visit our Recipes Kids Can Make page for more yummy and easy to make recipes that kids will love to eat and make!
Don’t forget to also check out our other Recipes!