Cooking Healthy Recipes for Kids
If you have heard of this light lunch, you may think of it as a gourmet or high tea snack! It is a delicious easy way to serve raw cucumbers to children. When I made this my teenage girl turned her nose up at the idea – then when asked to “review” the sandwich she ate half….and then sneaked back in the kitchen for the other half!!!
Cooking Healthy Recipes for Kids: Cucumber Sandwiches Recipe
- One pack of Cream Cheese
- One pack of Dry Italian Dressing
- Sandwich Bread of Choice
- Mix one package of (light, regular, homemade fat free)cream cheese with one pack of dry Italian dressing. Refrigerate it overnight.
- Use the sandwich bread of choice (wheat, white, gluten free, bread or bun) and put the cream cheese mixture on it.
- Next determine what will work best with YOUR child. Some children may see green in their sandwich and freak out. They may take one bite and find something crunchy then refuse to eat any more. The cucumber may be chopped into tiny pieces by a food processor or peeled and sliced or simply sliced. Our easy tip for peeling cucumbers is to use a carrot peeler. It is much safer than a knife - for adults or children!
Thanks to Rachel Case for sending this healthy recipe!
Do you love to write? Or can do crafts or have fun ideas for articles. MadameDeals is hiring! Apply now! Check out my >>> Job Board
Check out our collection of Healthy Cooking with Kids Recipes below are some of our favorites:
Love Sandwiches? Try these recipes!
- Kid Party Food Recipes: Mini Sandwiches
- Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Peaches Recipe
- Read our 25 Great Sandwich Ideas
We have lots of delicious Recipes for you. Make sure to also visit our Recipes Kids Can Make page for more yummy and easy to make recipes that kids will love!
Topic: Cooking Healthy Recipes for Kids