Classic Fashion Tips for Women
The key to dressing nicely isn’t necessarily having a lot of clothes it is knowing how to mix and match what you have. You can see the key to these clothes are the bottoms are solids. The pieces of interest are the accessories and the tops have patterns. These looks are classic and not overdone. You can get additional looks by using the scarf as a belt. I would also wear the flower button down open with the grey tank underneath or depending on the color of the polk a dot shirt you could put that under the flower shirt. It is perfectly fashionable to mix patterns if they are in the same color story.
Classic Fashion Tips
There are 5 rules of fashion you should always observe.
1) Get clothes that fit. Do not just go for the number on the tag. I always grab a size up and size down in something to make sure that it fits correctly
2) Know what colors look good on you and wear those colors. I look horrible in what I call the Easter colors (pastels) I tend to buy more jewel colors since they look better on me.
4) Dress up every day you never know who you will meet. I am totally against wearing your Pajamas to the store it is just as easy to throw on one of the looks above.
5) This rule is so important do not be afraid to try new things. Clothes aren’t permanent. If you have a friend that you think is stylish ask for their advice if you do not know what to wear.
Bonus tip: You do not have to spend a lot of money to look great. I challenge myself to buy outfits that are less than $20. I am a huge fan of thrift stores, inexpensive accessories, clothing swaps and stores like Old Navy where you can get great pieces that you can mix and match.
What are your fashion tips?
Holiday Gift Guide for Women Fashionistas
- Faux Fur Pom Pom Cableknit Beanie — $14.99
- North Face Cableknit Mittens — $57.89
- Spring Fever Plaid Scarf — $16.99
- 9-Piece Sterling Silver Stacking Rings — $25.00
- American West Sterling Silver Turquoise Ring — $45.99
- Blowfish Suba Ankle Boots — $62.70
- Mary Crafts Wooden Snake Hair Pin — $12.80
- Kate Spade Striped Handbag — $198.00
- Michael Kors Two Tone Watch — $175.00
- Romwe Loose Fit Elbow Patch Sweater — $16.99
- Day Designer Floral 2017 Day Planner — $19.99
- UGG Shaye Rain Boots — $89.95
- JZ Clothes Checked Winter Poncho — $10.99
- PajamaGram Polka Dot Heeded Pajamas — $39.99
- Distressed Sling Saddlebag — $39.00
- Wire Metal Coil Cuff Bracelet — $9.99
- Steve Madden Tribal Chandelier Earrings — $13.50
- Original Button Lace Boot Socks — $12.95
- Toms Jutti Suede Flats — $50.00
- Flora & Fred Vintage Style Socks, 3 Pack — $12.99
Old Navy Mix and Match
Pixie Ankle Pants, Black — $27.00
Pleated Twill Shorts, Tofu — $24.94
Linen Blend Cropped Pants, Peach — $32.94
High Rise Rockstar Skinny Jeans — $34.94
Floral Pullover Top — $24.94
Gauze Pullover Top, Key Largo — $26.94
Split Neck Pocket Tee, Navy Stripe — $15.00
Peplum Hem Tank, Navy Stripe — $15.94
Keyhole Sleeveless Top, White — $22.94
Loose Knit Cardigan, Sand — $30.00
Gladiator Sandals, Tan — $26.94
Canvas Sneakers, Grey — $22.94
Textured Stripe Infinity Scarf — $10.00
Floral Gauze Scarf — $10.00
Also check out our other gift ideas