Cereal Protein Bar Recipe
Want a recipe children can make by themselves?? These cereal or protein bars are a great way to use up those crumbs in the bottom of the cereal box. Good for easy quick sugar free, high protein, no bake breakfasts and/ or snacks! I have made these for the children as well as for a post workout snack for myself!
Cereal Protein Bar Recipe for Kids
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (your choice of variety: natural, crunchy, smooth, Nutrition flavors...what do you like? Room temperature peanut butter mixes easier so if you are using a variety that is refrigerated set it out for awhile first!)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup rice cereal
- 1/8 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- 2 scoops whey protein
- Mix together and press in a 8x8 square pan.
- Refrigerate till solid (6-8 hours). Slice into 8 bars.
- The cereals can be bits and pieces of any you have leftover. We have found that we like the variety in texture that a crunchy rice cereal gives along with the chewy raw oats.
- The oil can be whatever variety you prefer. The coconut oil adds great taste and is known to be a fat burner.
- The flax seeds can easily be omitted. We use them due to their good fats and fiber.
- If you don't have chocolate chips or cacao nibs then what about breaking up that leftover
Thanks to Rachel Case for this Cereal Protein Bar Recipe!
Make sure to visit our Recipes Kids Can Make page for more yummy and easy to make recipes that kids will love!
Don’t forget to also check out our other Recipes!
Topic: Cereal Protein Bar Recipe