Disclosure: I received compensation for this post but opinions expressed are 100% mine!
Is Your Car Ready for Safe Holiday Travel?
Holiday season is fast approaching, in a few weeks some of us will be traveling to their hometowns to visit friends and family. But before you hit the road, it’s best to start early in prepping your car for a safe holiday travel. Winter driving can be dangerous, so you have to prepare for the snow and ice, don’t wait for that last minute to get your car fix and check. By starting early not only will you save money but you also get to have that peace of mind knowing that everything that needs to be checked and fixed has been done.
Here are some tips to make your car ready for safe holiday travel:
1. Don’t scrimp on having your car checked by a professional. Go to a mechanic to have a complete car maintenance check-up. It is important to have you car brake, fluid levels, antifreeze, tire pressure, battery, charging system, and belts checked. You can also get some tips from your mechanic on things to do in case of emergency.
2. Replace your windshield wipers with those made especially for winter. And check your windshield washer fluid to make sure that it sprays in freezing conditions.
3. Make sure that your front and rear lights are working perfectly.
4. One thing I’ve learned from my dad and brothers is that when going on a road trip it is always best to be prepared for the worst. Make sure you have complete set of tools for car emergency. Don’t forget to have extra fluid, oil, antifreeze and of course spare tire. Make sure you have emergency first aid kit, blankets, cellphone, your AAA card and list of important phone numbers to call.
If you need new tires, check out Hankook’s Ventus S1 noble2
- With an Asymmetric tread pattern, the Ventus S1 noble2 incorporates a Four Channel Rib Design for efficient water evacuation and an advanced silica rubber compound to offer impressive wet handling and braking.
- A straight Rib Block design applied to the outside of the tire’s contact patch helps to prevent unwanted road noise and increase cornering grip.
- While multiple 3D Kerfs and Carving Edges provide improved winter condition traction. Positive Aqua Hydro Block- providing highly efficient wet braking
- Additionally, the Ventus S1 noble2 offers a 50,000 mile limited treadwear warranty.
- Product Name: Ventus S1 noble2
- Speed Symbol- W
- Series- 30~55 Series
- Inch: 16~20
- UTQG: 500, AA, A
Don’t forget to check out Hankook’s 2013 ‘Great Hit’ Mail-in Rebate! You can get $80 rebate on the following tires:
Ultra-High Performance Summer: Ventus V12 evo – As winter turns to spring and then summer, drivers searching for the ultimate in Ultra-High Performance tire ability need to look no further than the Ventus V12 evo. Having earned high marks from some of the most respected automotive and consumer magazines in the world, the Ventus V12 evo incorporates an innovative design that provides superior braking, handling and feedback under the most demanding driving conditions.
Ultra-High Performance All-Season: Ventus S1 noble2 – With an Asymmetric tread pattern, the Ventus S1 noble2 incorporates a Four Channel Rib Design for efficient water evacuation and an advanced silica rubber compound to offer impressive wet handling and braking. A straight Rib Block design applied to the outside of the tire’s contact patch helps to prevent unwanted road noise and increase cornering grip, while multiple 3D Kerfs and Carving Edges provide improved winter condition traction. Additionally, the Ventus S1 noble2 offers a 50,000 mile limited treadwear warranty.
Premium Touring All-Season: Optimo H727 – For drivers looking for a Premium Touring All-Season tire, the Optimo H727 has their needs covered. Designed to provide drivers with a quiet, composed ride, the Optimo H727 comes with an amazing 100,000 mile limited treadwear warranty, one of the best in the industry.
Premium Highway All-Season Light Truck/SUV: Dynapro HT – The Dynapro HT is designed to provide drivers of Light Trucks, Vans and SUVs improved snow traction, low rolling resistance for improved vehicle fuel economy and longer treadwear. Additionally, the Dynapro HT is backed by a 70,000 mile treadwear and road hazard limited warranty in its P-Metric sizes.
Before your holiday schedule gets crazy, take care of your car now – especially your tires. Save with Hankook Tire’s Great Hit Rebate, $80 off a set of 4 Ventus S1 noble2 tires.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hankook Tires. The opinions and text are all mine.