Make Your Own Tasty Dog Treats
My house is always full with dogs and foster dogs and I could spend a small fortune at the pet store on healthy treats. I chose to make them at home and found this recipe that was a a huge hit with all the dogs. I used ingredients I had at home and fresh Butternut Squash from my neighbors garden.
Butternut Squash Muffin Dog Treats
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon or (1 tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp ginger)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cups cooked Butternut Squash
- Preheat oven to 375*
- Spray Mini Muffin Pan with Cooking Spray.
- In Large Bowl combine Oats, Cinnamon and Flour.
- Stir together and set aside.
- In Blender (I used my bullet blender and it worked great) combine squash, oil, milk and egg
- Puree until smooth and add to dry ingredients.
- Mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Use a Tablespoon to scoop into wells of Mini Muffin Pan.
- These won't rise so make sure to fill all the way to the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes and turn off oven. Let cool in oven and serve when cool.
- Makes 24 Mini Muffins