How to do Homemade Shaving Cream
Shaving is a natural part of the woman’s world. It is also a part of a man’s world. I don’t know about you, but I hate paying between $3-$7 for a decent shaving cream. Not to mention that they usually come in aerosol cans and those are definitely not good for the environment. Now I know that the shaving creams we buy are awesome. Why? Well they’re scented! Yep, you’re paying that much money for an artificial scent! Well I’m going to show you how to make your own Homemade Shaving Cream, whether you want it scented or unscented.
Ingredients You Will Need for Making Homemade Shaving Cream
- 1/4 cup olive, almond or coconut oil
- 2-3 tbsp Shea or Cocoa Butter
- 1/4 cup Aloe Gel or Honey
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup Liquid Castille Soap
- Vitamin E or GSE (to preserve)
- Double Boiler
How to Make Homemade Shaving Cream:
- Melt the oil and shea/cocoa butter in a double boiler until just melted.
- Remove from heat and add other ingredients
- Whisk or blend well for several minutes
- Transfer to jar or container to store
- Check while it is cooling to make sure it doesn’t start to separate. If it does, shake or mix well to re-incorporate.
This natural shaving cream is very thick, and depending on how often you use it, it should last about 2 months. Store it in a cool dark place and if you want you can double the ingredients. This recipe is very gentle on the skin and on men’s faces. If you’d like you can also add a scented essential oil. Citrus oils are not recommended if you are going to be in the sun.
This homemade shaving cream recipe is a definite go to if you are trying to live greener and not empty your pockets. Enjoy and happy shaving!
Thanks to Adventures of the Mommy Homemaker for these tips!
Check out more Beauty Tips!
Check out our other Homemade/DIY projects: