Homemade Beauty Recipes
Ever wondered what women did before makeup was invented? At one point we used all the natural resources that were given to us instead of paying $50 for some miracle treatment that’s been tested on animals and is loaded with chemicals you didn’t know existed! Beauty truly was a natural thing back in the day and boy do I wish I lived then. Here are some creative ways to not only save you money, but to be naturally beautiful (and healthier)!
Homemade Beauty Recipes
- Can be enhanced with any type of oil or butter and really does work!
- Just brush it on with a lash brush or your finger works as well and no more racoon eyes!
- You can use charcoal for a shaded look if you need that black smoky look
*Since I rarely wear makeup I actually would use anything greasy last minute if I didn’t have anything on me.
- You can use any kind of fruit to enhance the color of your lips just decide on a shade.
- Beets, pomegranite, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and rasberries all work great.
- You can even use a bit of coco powder or cinnamon to add a brown hue.
- Chop or mash your fruit and heat in the microwave for a few seconds to bring out the juices more easily
- Then mix olive oil, or petroleum jelly, vitamin E oil, aloe vera (store bought or from your own plant), coconut oil and powdered sugar until you get a satisfactory consistency.
- You can keep out any of the powder if you want a more glossy look or for lip gloss.
- Just brush it on with a lip brush or your finger works as well
*This can all be used as a cream base for your cheeks as well depending on the shade.
- You can natural make a bronzer out of your favorite sweet seasonings!
- Grab cocoa powder, cinnamon, or even nutmeg and mix with some powdered sugar (or even flour if you aren’t kean on the sugar), add more light powder depending on the hue needed.
- If you even wanted to make a compact out of this with an old one, just add a few drops of an essential oil to help bind the powder together and press firmly into your old compact
- Tea tree oil works like benzoyl peroxide without all the rough parts like stinging and dryness. It reduces bacteria on the skin.
- Lemongrass Oil helps treat acne as a toner when you add a few drops to a cotton ball. Oily skin only not for dry complexions
- Raspberry Seed Oil or Avocado will reduce the puffy red look to any last minute pop ups. Just add to the infected area before applying any makeup.
- Lemons/lemon juice are a great remedy for blackheads because they contain Alpha Hydroxy Acid
- Nutmeg can help with reducing scars and blemishes. Just mix a little with some raw milk or honey and leave on face for about an hour.
- Lavender Oil helps relax and relieve stress as well as an antiseptic.
Thanks to Randi Poole for sharing these homemade beauty recipes!
Do you love to write? Or can do crafts or have fun ideas for articles. MadameDeals is hiring! Apply now! Check out my >>> Job Board
Check out more of our Homemade Beauty Recipes and DIY Projects!
- How to Make Homemade Body Wash
- Domestic Diva: Homemade Body Wash
- Homemade Bath, Body Wash & Scrubs Recipes
- 25 Foods That Make You Look Good Naked
- Turning Hair Blonde Naturally
- DIY Hair Detangler Spray