Baked Maple Bourbon Salmon Recipe
Are you looking for ways to eat more fish and need family friendly ideas? Well look no further because this one is a crowd pleaser for both young and old. The sweet, savory sauce is something that will appeal to kids and adults who normally wouldn’t eat fish. It only takes 30 minutes and is a great way to get your Omega 3’s! Try it and let us know what you think!
This recipe goes well with steamed fresh vegetables and rice. Makes 4 servings.
- 3 TB Real maple syrup (not the corn syrup stuff -- it adds more flavor)
- 3 TB Bourbon or whiskey
- 2 TB Low sodium soy sauce
- 1 TB Lime juice
- 3 Garlic cloves
- (4) 6 oz. Skinless salmon fillets
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray shallow baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In small bowl, combine syrup, bourbon, soy sauce and lime juice.
- Mince garlic and add to bowl. Whisk ingredients together.
- Pat salmon fillets dry with a paper towel, then place them in the baking dish, evenly spaced.
- Pour the mixture over the fillets.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, depending on your desired level of doneness.
- Remove from oven, plate and serve hot.