Baked Apple Turnovers
- Preheat oven to 425*
- Chop pie filling into smaller pieces. Stir in cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Unfold GREAT VALUE pie crust, smoothing lightly to remove creases, on flat surface. Cut out 8 -4 1/2″ circles.
- Spoon 2 Tbsp of pie filling onto 1/2 of each circle.
- Moisten edges of circle with water. Fold empty 1/2 circle over the filling part of the circle and press edges to seal.
- Crimp edges with a fork. Place turnovers on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven.
- While turnovers are baking combine milk, powdered sugar and vanilla extract in small bowl.
- Drizzle over warm turnovers.
Hi I’m Gwendolyn and I have been a stay at home mom since 2009. I have been with my husband, James, for 10 years and we are proud parents of Jayme (8) and Nicholas (13). We are also parents to 3 dogs, 2 cats, 2 hamsters, and a snake. My father-in-law lives with us so it is always non-stop at our house. I had the honor of becoming a step-parent when I got married and have a great relationship with my step-son. I always used coupons and shopped for bargains but was forced to step up my game when my husband was disabled in 2005. I get an incredible rush from saving money and finding great deals. My life is a constant journey and I look forward to sharing it with you all.