Bacon Cheese Venison Burgers
Bacon Cheese Venison Burgers are so good you don’t even need the bun!
Bacon Cheese Venison Burgers is a wonderful way to use ground venison!
The bacon and cheese help hydrate the venison. The added fat keeps the meat from becoming too tough or cooking too quickly. It is easy to tell when these Bacon Cheese Venison Burgers are done because the cheese browns nicely.
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 1/2 ground venison
- optional: 1 package Birdseye onions and garlic or 1 fresh onion and 2 cloves of garlic
- Chop the onions and garlic. These vegetables can be eliminated but they not only add flavor but moisture to the meat.
- Shred the cheese.
- Cook and then crumble the bacon.
- Mix all ingredients together. Fill free to add more of the ingredients prefer but note that you need the mixture to hold together well and not be overly dry or wet to form the burger patties.
- Form patties.
- Broil, flip when browned. When flip side is browned, cut into one to ensure it is cooked but do not overcook!
- Optional variations: Try with your favorite cheese. Low fat cheeses are not recommended due to the need for the fat to moisten the venison and keep it tender. If you like spices try adding some chopped jalapenos! Once I used very little bacon and added the onions, another time I used no onions and more bacon. Remember venison can dry out and you are adding moisture as well as fat!