25 Great Sandwich Ideas
Are you tired of PB & J? Has bologna worn out its welcome? Are you bored with the same old, same old sandwich day after day? Studies show that most of us use the same recipes and eat the same foods over and over again, bringing on boredom and dulled taste buds.
Did you know the sandwich has been around since 1762? Which has given us plenty of time to come up with a few new ideas for lunch right? Think outside the bag ( the lunch bag, that is)!
A sandwich is basically anything you can slap between two pieces of bread. You don’t have to stay with the traditional meat, cheese, condiment combo. Don’t be afraid to change things up a bit, like adding fruit,or try a new bread! Let your imagination run wild. These 25 great sandwich ideas for kids and adults are sure to shake you out of your brown bag blues!
So here are 25 Great Sandwich Ideas for you to try!
1.Tuna salad on white bread is boring! Try it on toast with shredded carrots for crunch (and some added Vitamin A!)
2. How about almond butter with sliced banana? It packs a protein punch, but tastes like dessert so your kids are sure to love it!
3.Grilled cheese doesn’t have to be made with American cheese. Try cheddar with sliced apples and grainy mustard.
Another alternative to the standard plastic-wrapped cheese is grilled Monterey Jack with thinly sliced pear.
4.How about Grilled Swiss with avocado and sour cream?( Yes, sour cream!) Or If you can find alfalfa sprouts, they are great stuffed in this sandwich, too.
5.Cinnamon raisin bread with leftover roast chicken is a surprisingly good combo. It’s got just the right amount of sweet and salty!
6.Ham with apple butter. This would be great during fall!
7.Leftover turkey on cranberry nut bread. The perfect Thanksgiving leftover snack!
8.Goat cheese(which is my absolute favorite cheese ever!) and fig jam, you can get both of these ingredients at most grocery stores!
9.Have some leftover steak ? Add some fresh spinach leaves, fresh mozzarella and chipotle mayo, and you’ve got an awesome sandwich.
10.Try hummus, tomato and diced cucumbers rolled up in a lavash (flat bread) or stuffed in a pita. It’s nice and light, and yummy!
11.A fresh mozzarella and raspberry jam panini. Warm and melty+Sweet and salty=too good!
12. Your kids will love ham on a blueberry muffin!
13. Use leftover grilled chicken on a biscuit add some american cheese, mayo and pickle!
14. You can also use leftover grilled chicken on a triple berry muffin with chipotle mayo. The berries and the chipotle mix really well.
15. Ham salad on an apple cinnamon muffin. Have you ever used apple cinnamon Jiffy muffin mixes? You can mix up a batch of “homemade” in minutes, for super cheap!
16. Roast beef and tomato on leftover garlic bread. It’s a great way to use up the bread from last nights spaghetti dinner, and tastes amazing!
17. Banana bread with Nutella. Warning: Nutella, a hazelnut-chocolate spread, is addictive. Try to keep your kids (and yourself) from eating the entire jar with a spoon.
18. Corn muffin (or cornbread!) with turkey, Monterey jack and jalapeno jelly.
19. Fill a wrap or a pita with ham and homemade pineapple salsa or sliced pineapple.
20. Give turkey lunchmeat a new spin by using it with cream cheese and thinly sliced cucumbers on a toasted bagel.
21. Speaking of bagel ideas, try using up leftover grilled vegetables from last night’s dinner and a smear of cream cheese.
Sliced tomato, basil and fresh mozzarella on a whole wheat English muffin with olive oil.
22. Throw some leftover beef or chicken stir fry rolled up in a wrap. Great for a meal on the go!
23. Leftover chicken with pesto on a bakery roll will make anyone happy!
24. Don’t forget that grilled sandwiches and paninis taste just as good cold!
25. Have a room full of kids to feed? Make a “Sandwich Bar” set out meats, cheese, and condiments, and let the kids make their own sandwiches!
What other ideas do you have for great sandwiches?