There are several goals that Madame Deals has in mind for 2010. In a month we will be off to Nashville for BlissDom, our first blogging conference. While in Nashville, we will be attending the Savvy Blogging dinner and round table discussion with 75 other bloggers. It is our intention to come back from this conference full of knowledge, new relationships and ideas to better improve Madame Deals.
- Reduce the Clutter: We are still learning the ins and outs of blog design, writing html code and Word Press. Having a clean look and less ads on our sidebar is something we will implement in the next month (hopefully!). There will not be any huge design changes, just more streamlined. You will already notice some changes; like the “Contact Us” button is missing from each post. Don’t worry, you can still find our contact information easily at the top of the page under the “Contact” tab.
- Implement “Making Dollars Out of Change”: Starting next week, we will have a new weekly post called “Making Dollars Out of Change”. There are many ways that changes can be made in life that are financially beneficial. We would also like this weekly feature to be a link up opportunity for bloggers. The link implementation should be in effect by the end of January.
- Interact with readers: Madame Deals is so thankful for all of our readers! We would love to get to know you better. Please feel free to leave comments or give us feedback on what you like or don’t like. You will also find Renae on twitter for Madame Deals.
- Increase our followers: We would like to quadruple our subscribers in 2010.
- Include more recipes: One of the most requested topics is more recipes! As Renae dives into more freezer cooking and cooking from a stockpile, she will share her recipes. Disclosure: She is a good cook, but not a professional; no guarantees!
- Balance: This is one of the hardest aspects of being a blogger! Balancing family and personal needs with Madame Deals is sometimes difficult. Time management is critical. Although we would love to keep you updated with as many deals and coupons as possible, it is crucial that we keep our family as a priority.
- Update Pages: We are so busy providing content, deals and coupons that sometimes the pages are forgotten! We will strive to keep the Rebate page and Community Calendar up to date. If you know of any online rebate forms or you have an event you would like added to the Community Calendar, e-mail us!
We look forward to 2010 and the improvements to come for Madame Deals! We also look forward to continue building relationships with fellow bloggers (we are so excited to meet them in person!) and our readers.
This post is linked at The Happy Housewife.