10 Health Benefits of Strawberries
I don’t know about you guys, but I LOVE strawberries! They are sweet, juicy, and pretty good for you (as far as sweets go!). But did you know they’re are some health benefits of strawberries? Yep! As if you needed another excuse to eat these yummy little fruits, they can also be good for your health! Today I will share with you the top 10 health benefits of strawberries that I have learned recently!
Here are 10 great health benefits of strawberries:
- Strawberries are low in calories, and high in fiber! 1 cup of strawberries is only 54 calories and 2 grams of fiber!
- Strawberries promote bone health! Strawberries contain potassium, vitamin K and magnesium which are important for bone health!
- Strawberries are great for your eyes! They promote eye health! By eating three (or more) servings of fruit like strawberries may lower the risk of macular degeneration,which is a condition resulting in vision loss.
- Strawberries can help you drop some pounds! There is a compound called nitrate found in strawberries that promotes blood flow and oxygen in our body, which is great for weight loss!
- Strawberries help burn fat! It has been found that the red coloring contains anthocyanins, which stimulate the burning of stored fat. (Score!)
- Strawberries can ease Inflammation- Strawberries can help lower blood levels of C-reactive protein (CRP), a signal of inflammation in the body.
- Strawberries can boost your immune system! They are a great source of Vitamin C, which is great for your immune system.
- Strawberries can help fight wrinkles! Yes! We know that they are a great source of Vitamin C which is vital in the production of collagen, which helps with your skins elasticity.
- Strawberries help regulate blood pressure! Potassium is a great heart healthy nutrient, and with 134 mg per serving, strawberries are considered a “medium source”.
- Strawberries are great for Pre-Natal care! Folate is a B-vitamin that is recommended for women who are pregnant or trying to conceive, and strawberries are a good source with 21 mcg per serving. Folate is necessary in the early stages of pregnancy to help in the development of the baby’s brain, skull and spinal cord, and the folic acid in strawberries may help to prevent certain birth defects, such as spina bifida!
So there you have it! 10 great health benefits of strawberries!
What are some of your favorite ways to eat strawberries? Let us know in the comments below!
Don’t forget to try our yummy Strawberry recipes:
Looking for more great posts? Check these out:
topic: health benefits of strawberries